What happens when you can’t find your motivation, or you can’t stay motivated long enough to finish a project or even keep up with daily tasks? You need find your motivation–but where?
You find it within because motivation is self-motivation. You need to tailor motivation that will resonate with you. The more you know and understand yourself, the more effective your efforts will be.
Here are a few simple strategies you can try:
1. Understand yourself. I learnt so much about my likes and dislikes, personality, what sparks my passion through numerous online Psychometric Tests. When you are more aware of your EQ, you are in control of situations and aware of others’ emotions.
2. Define your goal. Defined goals put your ideas into action mode. It’s the vital step between planning and doing – the purpose behind what you’re doing. Being clear about what you’re working for can give you the stimulus to stay on course.
3. Produce a plan. Once you have a goal in place, a plan will take your vision and break down the steps you need to get it done. A goal without a plan, as we know, is just a dream. Create a four-year plan, have an immediate goal, and long-term goal. Visualize your life when these goals are met.
4. Get organized. Make sure your workplace is uncluttered so your mind can be organized. A calm environment gives you a better chance of being more efficient and productive.
5. Eliminate. When you must stay motivated, think of the bigger picture. How does this relate not only to yourself but to others? Begin removing the things that stress you. Downsize material possessions or create a smaller circle of friends. Your inner peace is priceless.
6. Tackle procrastination head on. Don’t make excuses or waste time rationalizing why you haven’t already started. Instead, try to uncover the real reason for the delay and get to work immediately. The best way to begin something is just to begin.
7. Stop multitasking. Don’t divide your attention but give your full and undivided self to the task at hand. When you do, your chances for success go way up.
8. Choose success. Choose to be successful, then stick to your choice and see it through to a conclusion. By creating a mental picture of yourself successfully completing a job, you can increase your chances of success. Avoid the distractions such as office politics, or any drama. Simply give it zero attention. Focus on the tasks and give it your best.
9. Keep it fun. If you seriously want to stay motivated, find a way to make it fun. Do more of what you love. Schedule in me-time. Spend time with people who make you feel good.
10. Reward yourself. Learn what it takes to get yourself to complete dreaded tasks and set up a system of rewards for completion.
Stay motivated and achieve your goals. Remember, motivation starts within. Find it, keep it, and make it work for you.